If you have a car, you should know how to keep your transmission running smoothly. The staff of Snider Transmission recommend taking the following steps to maintain it.
- Don’t forget to check your transmission fluid. You need to make sure its smell, level and color are right. You need to change it every two years unless you find any of those things are not what they should be.
- Pick the right kind of transmission fluid. There are different kinds and each kind of car needs a different kind of fluid. Find out what your car needs and buy that. If your car needs one that is more expensive, spend the extra money, it will be worth it.
- Don’t add too much fluid. You may think “more is better” but it is not. It can foam and that will make it inconsistent and could damage the transmission.
- Don’t weigh down your car with extra stuff. The more a car weighs, the harder the transmission has to work.
- The warm up step is critical if you live in a cold climate. If you warm up your car for about 30 seconds, you reduce the stress on the transmission, which can help it last longer.
There are ways to keep your transmission running at its optimal level. This will extend its life and save you a lot of money in repairs.